Stunning as it may sound, nearly half of Americans ages 20 years and up (more than 122 million people) have high blood pressure and approximately 40 percent of the US population (93 million people) have high cholesterol.
If you are interested in holistic health, you may wonder if there are natural remedies and herbal supplements that can support healthy blood pressure and cholesterol levels. Well, you are in the right place!
Here is a video I made for you on this topic:
Let’s tackle this head on. Here are some simple ways to potentially lower high blood pressure and high cholesterol:
- Cut back on sugar and refined carbohydrates. These foods taste good temporarily but your body pays the price.
- Eat more veggies and berries. More whole foods and less processed foods. The Mediterranean diet is a good place to start.
- Exercise regularly. Walk, swim, hike, jog, bike, ski, lift weights, dance, do yoga. You were meant for movement. Just do it already!
- Smile and laugh often. Find joy and spread it around!
- Reduce (or quit!) alcohol consumption and cut back on caffeine.
- Stop smoking.
- Lose even a little weight. Even 10 pounds can make a huge difference in the amount of blood your heart pumps through your body every day.
- Take probiotics. Your microbiome will thank you profusely.
- More potassium and magnesium and less sodium. Magnesium helps blood vessels relax and helps regulate blood pressure. It will also help you sleep better and eliminate better.
- Relieve stress. Take a deep breath and try to relax. This will lower your blood pressure immediately. Focus on breathwork that will slow your heart rate and promote relaxation. Listen to good music. Get up and dance!
- Add herbs and herbal teas to your daily routine. Check out our BP Support. It contains 5 powerful herbs (hawthorn, black cumin seed, celery seed, cardamon and garlic) that are very well known for their potential to nourish, soothe, support and relax the walls of your blood vessels.
- Best herbal teas for high blood pressure: Hibiscus, chamomile, lavender and rose.
- Best herbal teas for high cholesterol: green, matcha, black, oolong, cinnamon, turmeric, pu-erh, rooibos and ginger.
For most of us (without the genetic pre-disposition) bringing down high blood pressure and high cholesterol is all about making the decision to do so.
Starting today pick one from this list and implement it. Today.Then…next month pick another one and implement it. Add a new one every month. Find an accountability buddy.Your life and health could look completely different in one year.
We’re rooting for you!
Jane and The Barlow Herbal Team
Disclaimer: Please keep in mind I am not a doctor and this is not meant to be medical advice. All the information on this website is for educational purposes only. This information has not been evaluated by the FDA. We are not making any claims about the efficacy of these products. This information, these products and our suggestions are not meant to prescribe, diagnose, prevent, treat, cure any disease or replace proper medical care. Please check with your doctor before taking any of these products.