Reduce Inflammation Naturally With Supplements From Barlow Herbal
Inflammation is a symptom of your body’s natural healing process in overdrive. Two common ways to treat chronic inflammation are anti-inflammatory drugs and steroid injections, neither of which are meant to be taken for prolonged periods. For those who aren’t getting the relief they need from drugs and steroids, natural herbal remedies for inflammation have been considered an effective alternative for centuries. And you don’t have to plant or dig up anti-inflammatory herbs on your own anymore to concoct these remedies – Barlow Herbal condenses them into easy-to-take pills and tinctures for your convenience.
Taking an herbal inflammation treatment is a natural way to regulate your body’s healing process. Anti-inflammatory drugs and steroid shots can cause dangerous side effects and tissue damage if taken too frequently. On the other hand, a supplement to reduce inflammation is made with herbs that are generally safe for human consumption. If you want more control over your treatment options, consider supplements from Barlow Herbal to reduce inflammation naturally.
What Causes Inflammation?
Inflammation often presents itself as redness and swelling of the skin. You could also be experiencing inflammation below the skin with symptoms of abdominal or chest pain, fatigue, fever, joint pain, or skin rashes. These symptoms typically occur with chronic inflammation, while acute inflammation is more likely the result of a visible wound such as a cut, splinter, etc. Inflammation results from your body’s immune system repelling an irritant.
Acute Vs. Chronic Inflammation
An irritant that triggers inflammatory cells in the body to begin the healing process can range from a germ to a cut.
- Acute inflammation: Cuts, splinters, and any other irritant that causes sudden bodily injury will result in acute inflammation. Your body rushes inflammatory cells to the sight of the injury to trigger the healing process.
- Chronic inflammation: Acute inflammation is typically a normal, healthy immune response triggering the healing process. On the other hand, chronic inflammation can be a sign of an underlying issue like disease, lack of exercise, excessive drinking or smoking, etc. There is typically no outside danger but a problem on the inside, causing inflammatory cells to attack joint tissues and other areas of the body.
Acute inflammation is the inflammatory cells attacking harmful agents that you can see, while chronic inflammation results from various illnesses inside the body. Rheumatoid arthritis, type-2 diabetes, heart disease, liver or kidney disease, cancer, asthma, and even Alzheimer’s disease can trigger inflammatory cells as a part of the disease-fighting process. Other common culprits behind chronic inflammation include exposure to chemicals or pollutants, autoimmune disorders, obesity, and stress.
Common Ways To Treat Inflammation
Acute inflammation does not generally require treatment. Acute inflammation should clear up on its own in a few days or until the body has successfully defended itself from an infection or injury. Chronic inflammation that comes and goes frequently should raise concerns.
You can think of chronic inflammation as a maintenance light on a car. When the light stays on, it’s a good idea to look under the hood for a cause. Some of the most common treatments for chronic inflammation include lifestyle changes such as:
- Eliminate foods that cause inflammation – fried foods, cured meats, trans fats, sugars, pastries, and white bread
- Increasing your intake of foods that reduce inflammation – fish, spinach, kale, olive oil, tomatoes
- Quitting smoking, drinking alcohol
- Reducing stress
Eating healthier highlights the effectiveness of natural inflammation treatment via herbs. Herbs for reducing inflammation have been utilized for centuries. They can be added to your daily diet or concentrated for increased potency into natural herbal remedies for inflammation. More commonly today, people are given prescription or over-the-counter drugs like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). There are also steroid injections delivered at the sight of inflammation. However, these modern medications have more risks and limitations compared to the natural inflammation treatments that your ancestors knew.
What Are The Risks And Side-Effects Of NSAIDs?
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) block the body’s production of chemicals that cause inflammation. NSAIDs are extremely common. Ibuprofen, naproxen sodium (Aleve ®), and aspirin are all well-known NSAIDs.
NSAIDs can be bought over the counter or prescribed by a doctor. Prescription NSAIDs are dosed depending on the condition, typically taken once to four times a day. NSAIDs are not guaranteed to work for all patients with inflammation, and it could take trying several different kinds before finding one that does. NSAIDs cannot be taken for too long, or you risk side effects ranging from mild to severe. The most common side effects associated with NSAIDs happen in the stomach:
- Feeling bloated
- Stomach pain
- Diarrhea and/or constipation
Ulcers and stomach bleeding can occur suddenly, especially in older individuals. Some kinds of NSAIDs carry risks of heart attack and stroke. All of the dangers of NSAIDs increase with age and several types of health conditions, including high blood pressure, diabetes, liver disease, kidney disease, and many more.
What Are The Risks And Side-Effects Of Steroid Shots?
Synthetic steroids used as medicine mimic naturally occurring hormones in the body. Steroid injections are commonly prescribed to people with inflammation, primarily when caused by arthritis. The number of steroid injections a patient has each year is limited because they can cause tissue damage at the sight of the injection. It is generally recommended that a patient has no more than three injections in the same spot in a year.
For inflammation sufferers with diabetes, steroid injections can be dangerous because they raise blood sugar levels. People with hemophilia are at risk of steroid injections causing bleeding into the joints. Other risks of steroid injections include:
- A change in a woman’s period.
- Discoloration of the skin at the injection site.
- Tendon damage.
Orders over $60 receive free shipping in the US!
Natural Herbal Remedies For Inflammation
Natural herbal remedies for inflammation have been around for centuries before modern drugs and are sometimes recommended by doctors to this day. A healthy body naturally uses the nutrients and vitamins taken from food in the diet to repair itself. Vitamins A, C, and D and the mineral zinc are believed to play an essential role in reducing inflammation.
The herbs used in natural herbal remedies for inflammation work by inhibiting the inflammatory cells the body produces during the healing process. Taking herbs for reducing inflammation is generally safe. Some people may have allergic reactions to certain herbs, but there are several different kinds of herbs to choose from. There are certain medications that anti-inflammatory herbs may interfere with, so it’s a good idea to discuss your intentions with your doctor.
Supplements To Reduce Inflammation
While herbal remedies are still used around the world, many people take a supplement to reduce inflammation as a more convenient alternative. Supplements from Barlow Herbal use the same ingredients as some of the most potent herbal remedies popularized by different cultures. Some of the extracts we use are taken from herbs not readily available at your local grocery store.
With a supplement to reduce inflammation from Barlow Herbal, you don’t need to know how to harvest certain herbs, cut, cure, and prepare them according to centuries-old methods. Decades of research and learning by the founder of Barlow Herbal, Dr. Max Barlow, and the Barlow family, take care of the hard work for you.
Popular Supplements For Natural Inflammation Treatment From Barlow Herbal
You’ll find several natural inflammation treatments at the Barlow Herbal online store. Our supplements and tinctures are potent extracts of herbs for reducing inflammation found in some of the world’s oldest natural remedies. Popular examples include:
- Una de Gato (Cat’s Claw) – The Asháninka Indian tribe of Peru are the first documented people to use Una de Gato as an herbal inflammation treatment. A woody vine found in tropical South and Central American jungles, its also popularly used to treat tumors and ulcers.
- Daily Vitality – Daily Vitality is a blend of many natural herbal remedies for improved cellular strength and immunity. It contains Una de Gato, Pau’d Arco, Chinese Astragalus, Suma root, and Chaparral, which boosts the immune system for faster healing and pain relief. Daily Vitality will aid the healing process and reduce the inflammatory response. Daily Vitality is a comprehensive herbal inflammation treatment in an easy-to-take tincture.
- Truly Turmeric – Turmeric may be one of the most effective nutritional supplements in existence. Many high quality studies show that it has major benefits for your body and brain.
- Cayenne Pepper w/Slippery Elm – Cayenne Pepper improves digestion, relieves migraine pain, supports weight loss and prevents blood clots. Slippery Elm aids in digestion and has powerful anti-cancer properties.
- HeartLove – This beautiful blend of 3 spices and herbs is blended specifically to nourish and strengthen the heart.
- CBD – Barlow Herbal’s world-famous extraction methods are used to create the best CBD supplements and tinctures on the market today.
You can also reduce inflammation naturally with bundled packs of supplements from Barlow Herbal. Our Prevention Protocol comes with several individually available products containing anti-inflammatory herbs like FeverFew, Lomatium, and more.
Are All Supplements For Inflammation Safe?
Choosing to treat yourself naturally by taking herbs for reducing inflammation is generally safe. Consider any food allergies and medications you currently take before adding certain herbs to your diet. A supplement to reduce inflammation that contains herbal extracts should also be relatively safe, but it matters where you buy those supplements. Many companies add unnatural ingredients and chemicals to their products for various reasons. Barlow Herbal is committed to using safe, natural ingredients, and we are completely transparent about all ingredients. Our company has been around for nearly half a century because customers know they can trust that our supplements contain potent extracts from what Mother Nature provides.
Contact Barlow Herbal Today
We make our herbal extracts from the purest ingredients, so you know you receive the best quality products. Knowing that we actively help improve the well-being of our clients brings our company complete joy and satisfaction. We love passing along the formulas and family traditions that started Barlow Herbal to the public. Contact us today to learn more about our products and educational opportunities.